|5 days riding / 7 days vacation||Dates in 2020 season||09 June - 16 June||14 July - 21 July||04 August - 11 August||08 September - 15 September||Dates in 2021 season||Not decided yet||Riding hours: 3 to 7||Tour Grading: Basic / Advanced||Total distance: 1100 km||Average km per Day: 220 km||Nearest airport: Sibiu||Start/Finish: Sibiu||Rest Day: no rest day||Riding Days: 5||Highlights / Details||• Guided cave exploring.||• Meet the Sculptural Ensemble of Constantin Brâncusi.||• Best selection of curvy roads, tracks and scenery points.||• Boat trip trough the Danube Gate.||• World famous Transfagarasan and Transalpina Roads.||• Fishing evening on the Danube river.||• Self cooked traditional caldron dinner.||• Discover the GS Exploring spirit on off road sections.||• Best of Romanian traditions and culture.|
|Included services||• Experienced multilingual Guide on motorcycle.||• Fuel for rented motorcycles.||• BMW Mechanic on spot.||• Back up motorcycle.||• Wi-Fi during the entire trip.||• Comprehensive vehicle insurance for motorcycles.||• Third party liability insurance for motorcycles.||• Support van for luggage transportation and space for passengers during the entire tour.||• 3-5 stars Hotel accommodation in double bedded room (5 nights), 1 night tent camp.||• All accommodations with breakfast.||• All lunches (non alcoholic drinks).||• 3 dinners (non alcoholic drinks).||• Boat trip.||• Official GS Explorer Transylvania riders pack.||• Airport transfer (Sibiu Airport).||Services not included||• All services not mentioned as included.||• Single room occupancy.||• Airplane tickets.|
• Take a dive into the fantastic realm of Transylvania and be part of the forgotten villages and the daily rural life.
• You’ll admire the landscape, the traditional houses and the romantic saxon villages, with their fortified churches.
• Transfagarasan Famous Pass – Is according to Top Gear: ”The most beautiful road in the world”.
• Balea Lake – A glacier lake inside the mountains at 2034 m altitude.
• Transalpina Famous Pass – The highest and longest Pass in Romania perfect for motorcycle riding!
• Sculptural Ensemble of Constantin Brâncusi at Târgu Jiu -comprises three sculptures: the Table of Silence, the Gate of the Kiss and the Infinity Column. The Ensemble is considered to be one of the great works of 20th century outdoor sculpture.
• Guided caving day in the Mehedinti Plateau Geopark - declared natural protected area, represents a hill area (ravine, gentler valleys, limestone pavements, caves, pit caves, forests, pasture.
• Tent Camp – enjoy one night in the wilderness, relaxing on the campfire and listening the sounds of nature.
• La Cazane - where the greatness of the Carpathians meets the fury of the Danube. Where the Danube contract between the tall stonewalls and the strong currents occur, everything gives you the impression that the water is boiling. The 9 km-long defile is a true spectacle of nature and from one end to the other you can see heavenly sceneries and historic relicts of over 2000 years old.
• Boat trip on the River Danube - provides access to the Veterani Cave and the famous Tabula Traiana.
• The Danube fishing contest - right from the terrace of the hotel. Everyone eats what he caches!
• The Sureanu Mountains - a massive water castle, a metaphor to describe the numerous underground and surface bodies of water crisscrossing the mountain. Among the surface ones, two are most worthy of note: the natural Sureanu lake and the man-made Oasa Reservoir.
• Biertan fortified church – world UNESCO Heritage site.
• Old City of Sibiu – An historical city designated in 2007 the “European Capital of Culture“.
• The Village Museum – One of the most beautiful museums in Romania.